AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YouTube Farmers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

corndawg23
Posted 2/22/2021 11:01 (#8850841 - in reply to #8850693)
Subject: RE: YouTube Farmers.

Bluford, Illinois
I guess I don’t know what your point is. In my very first response I stated the fact that the disconnection between producers/consumers is huge, and how saddening that is. My point was, let the youtubers/tik-tokers/ and podcasters do their thing. They are trying something out, and some of them even make some money to boot. That’s not a reason to degrade them, you should still respect them. They are still producers. Producers are producers. Do you think think of me as any less of a producer because I farm a small number of acres? I mean, if you based it of experience I would say “yeah.. I’m 20. I don’t have a lot of experience.” But you didn’t.. you said it was based of owned acres, which is something I take offense too. I’m sure at one point (unless your dad/grandpa died when you were young and handed everything to you) you didn’t farm very many acres starting out. How would you have felt if someone said “well, you’re not a real farmer.”

FFA and 4-H are great, but my personal opinion is they’re also very different. I wasn’t saying your kids won’t be successful, I’m just saying when they go into FFA interview rooms now, they are interviewed on everything. Academics, character, Ag background, extra-curriculares, and church/community involvement. I just don’t want you to give them a false hope that since they know about farming, they’ll win. That isn’t the case these days. “They won’t need a Youtube video or podcast to be successful.” Once again you shouldn’t degrade someone like that. What have they done to you? What reason do you have to assumed they weren’t successful before youtube.

That’s awesome. I’m glad you’re able to give that opportunity to your kids. I hope one day, my kids have the opportunity.

FFA has taken some great steps in the right direction. They’ve also went the wrong direction at times in my opinion, The National FFA organization mainly.

I’m sorry if I stepped on any toes.. I was just saying. Don’t criticize someone if you don’t know their situation. Am I mad by what you said, no lol. I just thought it was a poor choice of words, and hoping that you didn’t have any intentions of being that rude with your comment.

Edited by corndawg23 2/22/2021 11:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)