AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well, so much for trying to be positive.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/27/2018 08:18 (#7130683 - in reply to #7130476)
Subject: Ya'll are talking politics on Marketing.. but.. I enjoy the History

For the Record I just want it to be known that ya'll are talking politics on Marketing.. but I appreciate the History lesson.

Again I will claim that it is hard to separate the two.

Trump is using the US's economic might as a political weapon vs the Military in order to exact positive change.. from people..

Sanctions on Iran.
Renegotiating NAFTA
clipping China's wings for fairer trade
et all..

In order to head off perceived "bad positions"

a) Do we continue to provide the Miliatry umbrella support for Europe's access to "relatively cheap" Crude oil from the Middle East?
b) Or China's access to "relatively cheap" Crude oil from the Middle East?
c) Fair Trade amongst our Neighbors here in North America.. is everything gonna be manufactured in Mexico?
d) or Asia?
e) However if others (Japan et all) will play along.. so will we..

South America is a resource which will be coveted.. will China move to align it's power over that region?

Will China move to exert it's power to keep the Straights of Hormuz open.. and it's Crude Oil supply life line out of Iran?

Only costs $$$

Does the US turn inward and redirect it's agricultural prowness to becoming "self sufficient" or Energy Secure?  The RFS.. Low Carbon Fuels Standard..??

These are Strategic Geopolitical questions.. which Trump is addressing some of them.. and US it appears that US Ag Producers are "patriotic" economic foot soldiers in this.. scheme.

for better or worse.

However Trump is NOT the First one in the US to play this game.. as noted above.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)