AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saving e-mail attachments to a file
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 5/3/2009 17:31 (#701892 - in reply to #701826)
Subject: Re: Saving e-mail attachments to a file

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
boog - 5/4/2009 15:15

Jon, are you doing a "save as" on the entire e-mail or just the attachment after you have opened it? I can find the "save as" under "FILE" when I just highlight the e-mail address but not after I open the attachment. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I cannot combine several attachments into one subfolder IE: Folder titled "Oil Reports" and a subfolder within that folder titled "MX 275" where I want to store the engine oil report, a seperate report for the hyd oils, etc. for our CIH MX 275 tractor.

Only thing I can come up with is a folder "Oil Reprts" then in it store each report seprately.

Hope I am making myself clear and am not too repetitive. Beginning to confuse even myself, which isn't hard to do ..........lol

Using IE7, open the E mail, The attachment should show in a line at the top of the E mail labled" Attach: ". Put the cursor on the title in the attach box and left click it to highlight it. then put the cursor on the highlighted attachment title and right click it, that will drop down a box with "save as" left click "save as", this will open a box titled "save in"
click on the little arrow on the right of the "save in " box, which will drop down a list . Select "my documents and double left click on it to open my documents. select your oil reports file and double left click it to open the oil reports file. Now find the folder you created for MX275 and double left click it to open that folder Title the oil report in the file name box and left click the "save " button at the lower right. This should save the attachment in the MX275 folder.
I had to switch back and forth between actually saving an attachment to a folder and writing this step by step to get it right :-)
Sorry for the confusion, I also find it easier to do it than to describe it in print.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)