AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What sideline businesses or jobs do you have?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sparrell
Posted 8/17/2018 07:22 (#6933931 - in reply to #6933739)
Subject: RE: What sideline businesses or jobs do you have?

RampageRanch - 8/17/2018 00:30

2 rentals houses, and farming 1400 acres with 500ish cows/backgrounding with my brother. Buying 550 acres in the last 8 a little at a time. The rentals one will be paid of in the next 10 months the other not far after. Would like more rentals as they cash flow better then farmland, but the wife says no as she ends up helping chase things on them sometimes. So just plan to take the profit and roll it into more farmland. Sure is a lot of farmland available in the area. More so then I've seen in my adult life. I assume the 80's was probably the last time this much was for sale. 3 for sale very close to us, but all have too much pasture to even dream about buying and have them pay for themselves. Also dabble in the stock market, I focus on high dividend stocks so they create cash flow. Some REIT stocks work just like a rental house except no renters to manage or things to repair. I have one that pays 9.5% dividend yearly. So would be equivalent to a 100k house getting 9500 of rent with no taxes, insurance, etc. Much easier to liquidate vs. selling a house as well.

Care to share the name of that reit? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)