AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What sideline businesses or jobs do you have?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 8/16/2018 09:50 (#6932362 - in reply to #6932338)
Subject: RE: What sideline businesses or jobs do you have?

SC Wisconsin
Theoretically, I would love to work zero hours off the farm and just make money doing what I love but that's out of he question anymore. To answer your question, I can do about anything or learn about anything. One thought I had that kind of piggy back off the stump grinding one. We have a neighbor who does a ton of stump grinding. He is a retired cop and makes more grinding stumps than I think he did when he was a cop. I have thrown around the idea of buying a mini skidloader, like the ones that can drive through a gate into someones back yard. I would think there would be a lot of opportunity there with a 1 ton dump truck and a trailer for people who might need that ground stump cleaned up or some dirt hauled in or out of their back yard etc. I do have a full size skid loader but that kind of needs to stay home as it gets used daily and I don't want to have that broke down doing a 100$ job when I have pens to clean or scrape or cattle to feed. Besides there are 3 excavators within a 5 mile radius of me that all do large skidloader work, bit I don't know if anyone with a mini one. I live 20 minutes from 2 cities that have probably close to 200k people between them, so i think tapping into some kind of residential service would be a gold mine
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)