AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding 3rd serial port to Ag Leader 6500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 4/30/2017 19:22 (#5992606 - in reply to #5992358)
Subject: RE: Adding 3rd serial port to Ag Leader 6500

NW IL
+1 with intellislope. That is on my agenda this summer. I will hook 6500 with 3rd party cell on port B. I plan to make my own harness to intellislope. I could use port A and connect to Intellislope, however as you may already know port A auto configures to Integra/InCommand setting (baud = 115,000). Intellislope requires baud rate 38,400. If I want to use port A I need to configure port A using PC utility. If I want to use port C I need to use utility. I could connect Integra/InCommand to port B (B will then be set to baud = 115,000) and set A up as desired. The problem with this is.....what if the cell modem or radio I plan to use does not accept 115,000??

Pretty much....if you want to use a radio or cell modem that is NOT the Ag Leader relay with 6500 and Intellislope you need to use Novatel PC utility.

Question/Thought: When an Ag Leader Relay is used with 6500, port B is still available to the users. Internally.......is Ag Leader connecting the Relay to Port C (and sending corrections to C), or is the Relay connected to B (sending corrections on Port B), and Ag Leader is then sending Port C out as Port B (basically allowing user access to C, but relabeling it to user as B)?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)