AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Farmbill thoughts have prompted me to ask this question. Who has been writing your checks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 2/8/2014 22:54 (#3674773 - in reply to #3673549)
Subject: Re: New Farmbill thoughts have prompted me to ask this question. Who has been writing your checks?

NCND
I've always been well aware of the subsidy the insurance gets. It's printed right on schedule. Bigtop the reason I think the farm program is the problem is because it takes out risk I guess. It's too slippery of a slope to give some to sme and less to others so I believe none for all is fair.

So 300 per crop per crop per county cat? That's less than .10 cents an acre on a 3000 acre wheat farm. i sure wouldnt expect to be paid much for a .10 acre investment. We all lose that in our seat cushions per year don't we?;)

Up here if you buy optional units at 75%ra you are talking some hefty per acre premiums close to 30/ acre before subsidy. Enterprise about half that. Just for reference.

If I knew I wasn't going to be needing crop insurance every year that be kinda like Forrest Gump. "One less thing to worry about I guess??"

What's the ldp payments on rice? I knew guys in California that use to make a mint on that? It was ldp I think could be wrong. I remember them telling me about it in 2003 or so. Made us wheat guys look like we were working for slave wages while they were getting real fat on the government money. Of course all is farmers stand to put on weight at the government trough I'd say.

Edited by vailcat 2/8/2014 23:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)