AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Farmbill thoughts have prompted me to ask this question. Who has been writing your checks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 2/8/2014 20:56 (#3674495 - in reply to #3674353)
Subject: Re: New Farmbill thoughts have prompted me to ask this question. Who has been writing your checks?

NCND
tim ar - 2/8/2014 20:03

The numbers you cited include the portion of the premium the govt pays. Much different if you only included the premium paid by the farmers. The people who put together the numbers you cited are being deliberately deceptive.
I want to make my position clear. I have no problem with eliminating direct payments. I want to eliminate crop insurance too. Then we will all be on a more level playing field competing for resource necessary for growing crops.

That would be the best system but it will never happen I'm sure.

What's a cat policy cost a couple bucks? Can't you report acres without insurance?

If you eliminated all subsidy the risk tolerance for everyone would go down and maybe that "family farmer" the politicians all talk about would make a comeback. In the meantime with current policy hat won't happen IMHO.

As in the war the north and south see things differently. I'm on the libertarian side.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)