AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What should I have said?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

beh
Posted 1/8/2012 15:32 (#2150073 - in reply to #2149366)
Subject: My take:

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
I did not read any of the other responses and I will probably get flamed for this...

Cell companies are not a monopoly, competition exists, there fore the idea that you can see 4 towers from your house but don't have service really is not their problem. You have a choice. I will assume (correct me if I am wrong) that if you chose to use one of the service providers whose towers you can see you would have service. The fact that you choose another provider based on something (price, options, phones, etc.) is just that, a choice. A choice that means you don't have service.

As far as 911 service goes, I am told that it will route you to the nearest tower in 911 mode. I have proven this.

I do feel that the cell providers are very liberal in their advertising about where they do and do not have service. I have not read the contract, I don't know how binding that is. What I do know (with Verizon but not with all providers) that if they say I can use a tower, I can use a tower.

Cell phones have come a long ways. I complain about mine but generally look at it like this: If would have told me in 1995 that by 2010 I could have a phone that fit in my pocket, have much more powerful than my home computer, have internet and streaming capabilities as well as replace the home phone--well I would have told you you were full of it...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)