AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enough said
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/5/2011 22:25 (#2086750 - in reply to #2086665)
Subject: RE: Enough said

southern MN
Was chatting with a successful farmer last week, close to retirement age, respected county commisioner, guy to look up to, seems well rounded, smart guy.

Was the first day he had heard of MF Global, _I_ was explaining it to him, from what I've learned from this site a month ago.

Then we talked about some electronics devices, he was thinking of getting himself one for christmas, seen one for the first time a bit ago. This is something the experts say will die out in a few years, being replaced by smart phones. As a bit of a geek, been familiar with auto gps and handheld gs for a while now, when I mentioned the hiking style which does acre calculation and the like he was pretty intrested in how those work....

Kinda struck me, what we each know and are familiar with, things we are good with and things we don't have a clue about - but can still be real good at our work.

Was an interesting day for me, hard to put in words, but had one of those lightbulb moments.

I know a lot of businesses on main street here yet that don't use computers for their business. Some of them I've helped pick out a computer for home use, and help them keep their anti-virus current. Very successful people. Very good managers.

It sure helps to keep on top of the curve, but appears if you are naturally talented in business practices, that trumps all. Don't have to be a knowitall.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)