AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to send in a package to a friend in the military overseas....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cody W
Posted 7/17/2011 14:01 (#1866723 - in reply to #1866553)
Subject: RE: What to send in a package to a friend in the military overseas....

Fulton, MO and Vienna, IL
I'm in Afghanistan right now myself with the Army National Guard and everyone is right about the thought being more important than the contents of the box. The little single packs for water bottles, beef jerky, wet wipes, Tooth paste, razors, snacks, and anything of that sort is great. But the most enjoyable items I receive are pictures of my wife and two boys, my parents, my grandparents, my farms, and the crops growing on them right now. And don't just send a picture of family members all huddled together, send pictures of the things that they are always known for doing. My papa is always working on his tractor or out in his acre sized garden behind his old Gravely tiller. My grandma is always out riding the lawn mower and burning anything in site. These are the things that we fight for and mean the most. Most things can be bought over here, it may not be directly available but you will probably stop by a FOB that has a PX at least once a month. That is just my thoughts, I hope it was help.

Cody
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)