AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random precision ag question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aglasergps
Posted 4/24/2011 03:44 (#1741540 - in reply to #1741370)
Subject: Re: Random precision ag question

Brisbane, Australia
Well, in for a penny.....I'm gonna say that not all the vege areas have gone that way. I have 2 regions I look after here in aus where the Trimble percentage is that close to 100% it's not funny. The only other real contender in the market has that real obvious colour about it. We have found that once the comparisons are made, what the concensis appears to be in this forum just doesn't apply where we are. The 2 antenna array system just destroys steering hardware when it is tuned for close, tight work and the roll calibration just keeps changing. Working slow, those systems here have to be basically put on line otherwise they hunt for it and run over the start of the rows. Either the guys who install those systems here do a p... poor job of it or the Trimble installers over there give good arguement for the concensis we read here, I just don't see it.

When it comes to "repeatable accuracy" in any conditions, I would argue that Trimble inertially controlled steering control is way ahead of GPS heading guidance (single or dual) when put together properly. I'm not talking about ease of calibration or installation (something I would agree is more involved than the rest), I'm making a comment on the end result.

......and what's wrong with GNSS?

Edited by aglasergps 4/24/2011 03:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)