AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Voice of Agriculture?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 12/4/2010 18:29 (#1467996 - in reply to #1467597)
Subject: RE: To who?

Amherst WI
To the government? I would think FB, Corn, soy, wheat growers as well as pork and beef promotion boards ect....

To the public? Farm aid and this is why we are screwed.

I had a facebook argument (I guess we could call it that) about how farmers need to raise awareness and how farmaid is great. Well my stance is isn't this why I have to pay an involantary checkoff on my corn, beans, wheat and beef? I'm plenty busy with drought, floods, weeds, insects, diesease, mechanical failures, and what ever else besides teaching the public why my combine will only do 15.9 miles per hour and I would love to be out of your way and that food does not come from the grocery store.

I see way more ads for any farm organazation in farm publications than I do on ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC. Quit preaching to the chior. The only time I hear anything from Farm Buerau (and I am a member) that is on the air waves is when it is thanksgiving time and the meal will cost $.37 more than last year. I think these groups need to speak to the public more than washington, because it is the public that is voting on a lot of this animal husbandry stuff that HSUS dreams up, and we as farmers lose every time since there is only 5% that know that really happens onthe farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)