AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you expect
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 5/4/2021 18:19 (#8987429)
Subject: What would you expect

Read some of the tire damage posts below so I am asking what would you as my customer in my shop expect in the situation that came up today.
2006 Chevy Duramax came in yesterday for no power steering at idle which I diagnosed as a bad pump that was installed 14 months ago but under warranty. I installed another pump and billed owner for flat rate labor and also repaired the A/C. I drove the truck 2 miles after repairs and all was well. Customer picked up and before he got the 4 miles home, it threw the belt and the pulley on the pump was working off the shaft which is a press fit.
Bring it this afternoon, pull the pump and inspect to find the pulley and pump shaft are damaged, so another warranty pump (Delco pumps) and it needs a pulley now.
I know I did nothing wrong, used the proper tools to remove and install the pulley although I noticed it seemed to go on easier than usual.
Now Delco will not pay labor on anything nor will they buy the damaged pulley. Not my fault it failed, guessing replacement unit shaft undersized.
I will not bill the owner for labor but would you expect to pay for the pulley? The industry standard in the aftermarket shops(Not dealerships) is the customer pays labor every time, even if the part is warrantied.
I know what I am going to do but what is the mobs opinion.
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)