AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you expect
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Olddeeres4ever
Posted 5/4/2021 19:25 (#8987541 - in reply to #8987512)
Subject: RE: What would you expect

1 hour east of ol cheyenne
Big difference between your situation and the tire crane situation. If you broke the fan shroud removing the pulley who should fix that?
I think you would agree with me the shop should.

Unfortunately getting bad parts is not the mechanics fault. The pulley very well may be worn and or the shaft on the rebuilt pump be worn down or just undersized form the get go perhaps the rebuilt pump seized and the shaft was turned down by its previous pulley and rebuilt that way ( I have seen this happen on serpantine systems with alternators seizing and the pulley turned on the shaft.)
Explain it to them and knock some off the bill ( reduced labor rate and new pulley for cost would satisfy me as a customer). They should understand as quality can be questionable on replacement parts especially rebuilt ones. Got a new waterpump 25 years ago and the shaft was bent and the impeller rubbed on the housing when new it was not a rebuilt one.
About 18 months ago I Put a new lifetime warranted waterpump on my old farm pickup that leaked out of the seep hole almost from day one ( I was sure it had a blown headgasket or other problems) after about a year of adding antifreeze and water the leak got worse and sure enough it was the waterpump put a new one on warranteed and it doesn't leak now since I had just replaced it i was sure it coyldnt be the waterpump but it was. Sheet happens.

Edited by Olddeeres4ever 5/4/2021 20:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)