AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm house renters. You just can't help people anymore without getting kicked& taken advantage of!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SweetHomeAlabama
Posted 12/24/2020 00:43 (#8693567)
Subject: Farm house renters. You just can't help people anymore without getting kicked& taken advantage of!!

Story for thought ....I have a renter that has some health problems lost job from health disability. Spouse was already disabled. They are both on diability now and draw enough to live comfortably. I've been very lenient in past years and helping them through some hard times providing a place to live with utilities in my name. Have also helped with other things, grocery and etc. before they got disability income. They have been behind for the past couple years with a outstanding balance of $1826 They recently started getting further behind in August then caught back up in October. Then come December they are behind. Told me they would have money in a couple weeks. I go by to get the money and they tell they do not have money and we'll be moving by the end of the month. They couldn't afford to stay unless I could lower the rent. ( I could possibly make some arrangements to do that since its a large house and other family members are no longer living there ) They used the money owed for rent to pay deposit and a agency to help repair their credit to get into smaller house with less rent. Bottom line is they have no wise management skills as much as I done to help them. Back when stimulus checks of $1200 per person was distributed due to Covid they didnt even offer to pay any on outstanding balance. Rent and utilities for this month total $1066.49 which they have no intention to pay by their actions plus the outstanding balance. Im furious after I had helped them throughout hard times in past 4 years. They have been pretty good renters , can fix some things, don't call for ever little problem that needs fixing. Would kinda like to have them stay if they would catch up and pay on time. Then on the other hand I'm so frustrated I could disconnect the power and kick them out now before they run the power bill up more which you pretty well know they not gonna pay by their actions. However tenants have rights and landlord don't. You good to people and help them... then they. kick you and stomp you when you are down. Been a bad past 2 year for me with my own health problems and farm hardships. Just needing to vent and get some sensible advice / feedback from Ag Talk friends.

What would you do in a situation like this?

TIA.
Merry Christmas & God Bless.

Edited by SweetHomeAlabama 12/24/2020 00:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)