AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calorie restriction vs intermittent fasting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 8/18/2020 09:21 (#8442095)
Subject: Calorie restriction vs intermittent fasting

Pittsburg, Kansas

I'm sure I have linked this video at some time in the past. But it was likely over a year ago and there are a lot of new people it seems to me asking about low carb eating. I ran across this video again today and watched it again and thought it was so good at explaining the difference between using a diet that lowers insulin levels vs the more popular notion of reducing calories to lose weight. "Calories in, calories out" theory of weight loss vs "hormonal changes weight loss".

For those who have already watched it and say "John is just repeating himself" I apologize. For those that have not seen it it is really good.

Wife and I use a combination of "low carb high fat ketogenic" and "intermittent fasting" or more accurately described as time restricted feeding. Our intermittent fasting consists of just not eating breakfast. Basically we "fast" nearly every day from about 9pm (or earlier) at night to noon (or after) the next day. About 15 to 17 hours. Occasionally we will just eat one meal and occasionally we will eat three normal meals. Once in a while we might eat brunch and supper. We switch it up depending on our lifestyle that day. But 95% of the time we just eat lunch and supper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXXGxoNFag4&t=2425s  Dr Jason Fung "Leptin and Insulin Resistance". Frequency of eating is a big deal when it comes to insulin resistance.

John

Edited by John Burns 8/18/2020 09:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)