AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1475 NEW HOLLAND PULL TYPE HAYBINE HYDROLIC PROBLEMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tiredndfarmer
Posted 7/12/2020 09:19 (#8368801)
Subject: 1475 NEW HOLLAND PULL TYPE HAYBINE HYDROLIC PROBLEMS

Southeast central North Dakota
1475 haybine are they junk or what? I have a 18'h s head on it and if i'm lucky I can get maybe and I mean MAYBE 200 acres out of it before the pump and motor start acting up. I've owned it for a year now and had problems right away, I replaced the pump and motor, wasn't cheap!! But now its been acting up. I figured this dam thing needs babying so I put new guards and re sectioned the sickle . Well went out and made a couple rounds and same thing happened, it just stops. Nobody around here knows nothing about what to do so I called a NH dealer about 200 miles away, now they seemed to know something. He said they go through about 5-6 pumps a year. They don't make a good pump for the thing. He told me to crank the bypass up all the way and see what happens so I did and it helped but it still did it again so I figured go big or go home so I put a couple washers in the by pass and it worked again for about 20 acres and did it again only this time I think the pump or motor or both are shot again. I figured something was going to blow but I had one of those moments when I didn't care if the whole dam thing was going to blow up. Our neighbor has a self propelled machine and his head was shot so he bought a pull type that was in really good shape and swapped heads, he said to take his trailer and put it on our head and try it, well it worked for a while but the longer we go its starting to act up to. I read in Farmshow someone took a 40 GPM Prince PTO pump and put it on his but I don't know if he had trouble to if that is why he put a bigger pump on it. The oil don't get near hot, warmest I had it was 150 degrees on the motor and was 120 on the pump. It originally had a reverser on it but took it off. Didn't help anything. We were crimping triticale and peas and wasn't nothing perfect but it worked better, went to crimping oats and if you drive really slow it won't stop as easy. I'm just wondering if someone could shead some light on what I should try next, Would like to try that 40 GPM pump but it only has a 28 gallon reservoir and I read not to put a pump on that pumps more GPM than the total number of gallons in your reservoir so if that's true that won't work unless I make reservoir bigger and I don't think that's gonna happen. There must be something with the hydraulic system , I think the pump isn't big enough, not enough GPM, seems you can take this same head and put it on a tractor self propelled and it works fine, in fact they even idle it down and still works good. Did NH get a different engineer or what because makes no difference after they were done making the 660 and 688 balers they are making nothing but trouble junk balers and seems the crimper are the same way, I used to have a 660 baler and it was a very good baler, traded it off for a BR780, was not like the 660 was, then we go a BR7090 specialty baler and well lets just say its a good thing we got the BR780 yet cause when one is broke down there's always the other one .What did they do different? When they improve things its suppose to be better, well NH didn't get any better. I used to be all NH but first chance I get its GOOD BYE NEW HOLLAND.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)