AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Better corn planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MoFarmboy98
Posted 7/9/2020 22:01 (#8364385)
Subject: Better corn planter

Looking at getting a larger planter. Currently running a 12 row finger pickup 7200 Deere. I’m wanting to stick with the finger pick up setup and individual boxes. I’m thinking a 16 row because many of my fields are not large and they have many terraces. However a 24 row looks enticing because they are about the same price. I’m thinking either a Deere 1770 or Kinze 3600/3700/3800. I know that the 3800 has a dedicated transport axle which looks like a good idea. I’m wanting a planter that is build well. Needs to be flexible because if terraces. Needs to be heavy enough to have 2x2 and in furrow fertilizer placement. I’m wanting to put the in furrow tanks on the planter and pull a getter cart with the planter for the 2x2. I’m just looking for other thoughts/opinions of people who have owned these planters or are familiar using these types of setups. Reason for looking at a 24 row for me is farming is not my full time job and I need to get my acres in as quickly as possible in the spring. Would like to know thoughts from guys who have had both 16 and 24 row planters. I’m open to other brands but I really like the simplicity of the finger pickups and JD and Kinze are the only way to get that. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)