AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did you ever give a cat a bath?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 1/8/2019 09:03 (#7229184)
Subject: Did you ever give a cat a bath?

I can cross that one off the bucket list, though it wasn't on it to begin with. Got a kitty here who was orphaned pretty young. The dogs mostly raised him, which probably messed him up for life! Anyway he comes to the house and snoozes for a few hours and then heads back outside to prowl around. Neighbor across the road now has a big nasty orange tomcat who likes to come over here and harass my cats. I'm hoping for a splat on the road, but no luck so far.

Last night my kitty shoots in the door stinking to high heaven, long hair all matted, wet and dirty. Victim of the orange bully again. Well I couldn't let him stay the way he looked and smelled so I plunked him in the end of the bathtub and proceeded to hold him down with one hand while I use a cup to pour water on him with the other. Not too pleased and wriggled like the devil, but I managed to keep my grip, dumped on some shampoo and proceeded to try to clean him up a bit. Amazing how I had a grip of steel the whole time knowing what would happen if he slipped out of my grasp. Surprisingly he calmed down as I managed to wrap a bath towel around him and dry him off.
Even let me comb out the hair mats later.

With no blood shed I'd say it was a success, but I sure hope I don't have to do that again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)