AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

His Way
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Whatif
Posted 10/14/2018 21:44 (#7047387)
Subject: His Way

NW Ia
Woke up at 5:30 to the forcasted snow
Went back to bed
Got up to check snowing harder
Went back to bed and told wife I’m not going to church
Got back up at 8:00 ran the dogs and felt guilty and informed wife I’m going to church
Almost backed into neighbors car after scaping ice snow off the truck and not looking
Bit back nasty remarks to greeters at church and Sat down without talking to anyone
Didn’t listen very closely to the message on graven images and idols
Walked out during last hymn and informed wife we are not staying for coffee and cookies
Decided to go to Walmart to grab office supplies about 15 miles away
Stopped at Casey’s to get my wife a coffee and grabbed a hot chocalate for my self
Waiting in line to pay and realized I left my wallet in the truck
I set the cups down next to the lady ahead of me and told the cashier I’d be right back
Got back in in less than 30 seconds and stood in line to pay
The cashier looked up and said they were payed for
I just stood there with customers waiting and she said the lady didn’t want me to know it was her
I didn’t know what to say so I thanked her and walked out and saw what vehicle she got in
I Told my wife what happened and went up to the lady’s car and she said with a smile “pass it on”
With a flood of emotion I said God Bless You
As we drove the rest of the way with tears streaming down my face I marveled at how God used a complete stranger to remind me that my idol of not harvesting for a couple of weeks and feeling sorry for myself, was getting in the way of appreciateing all the many blessings I have
I haven’t had a “God thing” in a while and his timing was perfect!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)