AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stubborn 11 year old boy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 8/26/2018 20:10 (#6952243)
Subject: Stubborn 11 year old boy

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
So he has been trying something new the past few months. Usually near meal times when he or the others have been in trouble.

Like this evening we had a problem with all three kids and a chore issue that we have dealt with many times in the past. So after dealing with that it was time for supper, and Sunday evening is usually clean up left-overs or sandwiches. Anyway, when he is angry he will claim he is not hungry. Told him they needed to get some supper, "I'm not hungry.....[grumble pouty face :-( ]"

I just told him to fix a sandwich and eat it. Part of me wants to let him go to bed hungry if he acts like that, and that would be the consequence of his choice.

On the other hand I feel like he is doing it as a control issue, and I have to not let him do it. Seems like it would only make the mule-headedness worse. Never takes much to get past it. Like tonight he did make a sandwich and do what he was told.

Other times it will be when we are filing our plates he will barely put anything on the plate, claiming he is "not hungry." I've just scooped more food for him without saying anything. And he will eat it like normal.

Not ALWAYS about food either. Sometimes it is like going and doing something with the others that might be fun, he will claim he doesn't want to and will stay behind. Like he is going to somehow punish us with his misery being left behind.

What would you do?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)