AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding liquid to strip freshner??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/21/2018 13:19 (#6521025)
Subject: Adding liquid to strip freshner??

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
Just a quick question as we get ready to roll things into the shop. I have a 12 row strip till bar, yetter mavericks on a harvest international toolbar, that will be outfitted with vta's this spring instead of the shank. My dry box was on the bar and now is on a steerable montag cart. So my bar has a platform that could take say a 750-1000 gallon skid. The only reason I'm considering doing it is to lower my N cost. I have ran nitrate in the past when wanting to plant quick and that continues to get a further spread for that N form. If you can even get it. We also now have 300 acres that will not get any p or k other than pop-up that were fall applied that I would still freshen and need just N. Wouldn't take much to add a stream nozzle behind both coulters 24. That would put the N and S 3" over and whatever depth we set the bar at. Probably run 18 gallon of 28% and 5 of ats on most acres. Less ats on acres where I can ydrop later. Planted.on nh3 for years but want.to be able to follow closer behind now with the planter. Maybe I should just run all dry and pay more. But the placement would be very good and covered. I can build tubes for behind coulters too. Any advice or opinion is appreciated. Nh3 is an option post but I really want to be able to clean the strip or create new and let it air then plant. Priced tanks for tractor and aws cart and not terrible. But I just don't think I want my 28% on planter. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)