AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding liquid to strip freshner??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/21/2018 18:43 (#6521714 - in reply to #6521550)
Subject: RE: Adding liquid to strip freshner??

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
I'd have to pull up my old yield maps and isolate passes on some farms to remember exact number. It wasn't crazy high here either under 10 bushels but some passes that were the worst isolated out would be higher and I can't stand weeds because of poor stands that dont come in til late. To the ydrop scenario I love any element I can run later. And its a great additive to uan. i ran ATS with all my y drop last year. All of us see yield reductions based on weather and ours get extreme so I just prefer waiting awhile to see how nice mother nature plans to be. And with the rigs I have now I can go heavier preplanter and later post or in better soils lighter up front and a bigger shot later or even 3 pass if need be. Low horsepower high speed machines don't take long to cover acres. Some make several pre trips and nothing till fall and it works amazing. We strip, plant, and some acres sidedress then the hagie takes over from there. Maybe one pass with it spraying maybe 3 on some acres including the fungicide pass. Nothing really gets a blanket anything all of our fields have very different characteristics and management fun. With lower om soil which doesn't supply N&S as well and not wanting to front load I see in season trips being a good route for many. Doesn't matter what meeting I have went to this winter i have heard similar talk. I wil post as I get the bar together and throughout the season. Plus this equation keeps me from planting corn 2 days too soon I will be in the toolbar still lol.

Edited by DobsonAG 1/21/2018 18:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)