AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No-Till openers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 11/19/2008 07:18 (#510498)
Subject: No-Till openers

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
Looking something better that I have right now. I run Krause double disk opener whit coulter. Biggest problen is seed slot blow up in a sticky soils. I agree that when that happens soil is too wet and some soils that I farm are really bad gray clay and it is very difficult soil.

We modified Krause opener whit gauge wheels that run right next to the disks and stopped seed slot blow up and improved seeding depth a lot, but whit that set up we run in to the problems whit residue blocking up on openers.

I've been thinking JD -90 series single disk, but I have hard times to get openers or even prize for those. JD drill is not an option here and seem to be that JD does not wanna sell openers. If there is someone who can get prize/some info about those opener, I would love to know. Tryed to dig it myself coulple weeks ago in Wa, but not much luck! Any other comments about JD sincle disk?

Then, AVEC no-till drill... South-America? Used on Dakota Lakes Reseach Farm and these are only pictures that I can find about that opener/drill:

http://www.exapta.com/knowledge/library.html

Anybody have any pictures or links what it is?

I grow wheat, barley, oats and canola, and run dry fertilizer on same(!) opener than seed. Some sticky soils, lot of fields where other end is 1% OM heavy clay and other end is +60% old swamp/lake bottom soil. Any comments / ideas welcome!

Here is our modified Krause opener and seed slot blow up.

Edited by Traveling Man 11/19/2008 07:30

(Tuunattu_vannas.jpg)

(DSCN3603 (572 x 428) (429 x 321).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Tuunattu_vannas.jpg (19KB - 706 downloads)
Attachments DSCN3603 (572 x 428) (429 x 321).jpg (66KB - 909 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)