AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Farmbill thoughts have prompted me to ask this question. Who has been writing your checks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Robzorbk
Posted 2/8/2014 14:19 (#3673549)
Subject: New Farmbill thoughts have prompted me to ask this question. Who has been writing your checks?

With the new farmbill being heavily insurance dependent as they say it is and being in a part of the country that has been scrutinized for taking direct pay (delta rice and soybean country) an area where insurance has just not been of much benefit at least not that I have seen. Given the past four to five years, the same time period in which our base acres and yields can be updated how much of your farm income has come from someone other than a grain buyer? ie: subsidized insurance and govt'. Over that time the percentage of money I have received from the "other" sources has been less than 7% of my gross take. Now that is only my numbers I do not speak for anyone else. As I stated revenue insurance has just not worked for me and from the conversations I have had with neighbors it doesn't for them either. How do you see the new farmbill changing the landscape ?

Edited by Robzorbk 2/8/2014 14:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)