AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3pt vs pull behind sprayer for hills
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

john holland
Posted 12/2/2022 07:53 (#9961049)
Subject: 3pt vs pull behind sprayer for hills

SE MN
We have rolling ground with some 10% sidehills, curved rows, many point rows, uneven field edges, uneven guess rows etc. The coop has been doing the spraying but there are a few spots where they run the corn down. I am afraid that a pull behind sprayer would drag down the hills and cause problems on the curves, plus be more hassle to maneuver into the nooks and crannies. A self propelled sprayer would be nice but for less than 1000 acres probably not a good idea to have another power train to maintain on a time sensitive machine.

Would be looking to put a 90ft boom sprayer on a mx215 tractor. I assume that it would need to keep the rear duals on, so that wouldn't be ideal. It has normal 18.4 width tires, would narrow tires be a necessity? This will be all hand driving in hand planted 30 inch row crops.

Are there other down sides to 3pt sprayer on a tractor? We will need a tender regardless, so small tank size isn't a concern. I am more concerned about doing a good job and keeping machine cost and maintenance under control than getting max acres per hour.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)