AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Refrigerator problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/5/2022 11:22 (#9734903)
Subject: Refrigerator problems

Pittsburg, Kansas

Our GE refrigerator is three years old. It has started making a noise that I can best describe like maybe the defrosting coil is icing up and the fan hitting ice. Not loud but noticeable. We can turn the breaker off, open the freezer portion up (on the bottom) overnight and let it defrost and the noise goes away. For a day or two, then comes back. I have not pulled the unit out away from the wall (it is built in) yet to see if anything looks amiss on the back, but I doubt it.

Anyone ever have this problem before? My best guess is it has something to do with the frost free freezer portion. Wife has been trying to figure out what technician is available to work on it without any success so far. Home Depot told her they would only help if we had the extended warranty (which we do not).

At a loss of where to proceed, other than keep trying to find someone to work on it. It is still working. But we travel a lot and are worried while we are away for an extended time it will totally crap out and be a mess when we get back.

Thought someone may have already had this problem and found a resolution and could give a suggestion. I am tempted just to let it go till it quits. But..............if it happens when we are away wife does not relish the idea of taking care of the fallout.

Seems like stuff just is not made to last anymore.

Edited by John Burns 7/5/2022 11:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)