AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbors watering our feedlot pens
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

A&M
Posted 5/14/2022 14:13 (#9660240)
Subject: Neighbors watering our feedlot pens

Howdy guys. We bought a small feedlot from an older lady a winters ago. It has a irrigated circle just behind it that the older lady owned as well. Unfortunately we didn’t get to buy it to. It sold the pervious year. Come to find out the following summer after we bought the feedyard the sprinkler overhangs on a bunch of the feedlot pens and comes within 2 feet of the shop building. It waters the hell out of the building and those pens. Livestock standing in sloppy mud and was a mess. Lost a pile of corn screenings up by the shop as well. The neighbors are wonderful folks, no doubt about it. But I’m a little irritated no one told me about the sprinkler doing that. Have talked with them about getting it shut off before it comes so close, but with minimal luck

So I’d like to talk to them about maybe putting some automatic nozzles that shut off on the sprinkler drops on the ones that hang over the pens. Is there such a product as that? I called our local valley dealer and he had no clue what I was talking about. This shouldn’t be my problem but it is for some reason.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)