AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbors watering our feedlot pens
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NEMOScott
Posted 5/16/2022 22:32 (#9663428 - in reply to #9660240)
Subject: RE: Neighbors watering our feedlot pens

Callao, Missouri
Sorry I don’t mean to come across as a wise guy, and I do think you are right, if you don’t want the water you shouldn’t be having to deal with it. But I’m reading all this and although several have mentioned a workable solution I can’t really see what the big deal is here?

Are you so dry that this little bit of water coming from just the overhang (end gun off) is wrecking things? Does it not ever rain there? I generally put on between 1/3” to 3/4” of water each pass with my pivots. That amount of water on bare dirt is gone by the next afternoon. How was this not an issue with the last guy that had the lot? I suppose its a different mindset if I didn’t own both the pivot and the feedyard but lots of times in July/Aug it would seem a little sprinkling would be a good thing for my cattle. Way back when I was younger I used to set up lawn sprinklers to try to keep the calves in drylot cool. Admittedly it didn’t work that great.

FWIW, I have one pivot set up with individual manual valves for each drop hose on a couple spans. I can turn them off if I don’t want to water that area but I don’t think that would work well for your situation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)