AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Returning to an old AB line for AutoPilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/11/2006 22:33 (#11527)
Subject: Returning to an old AB line for AutoPilot

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As I mentioned earlier I have a Trimble Autopilot running via an Ag Leader Insight.

I planted the majority of my corn with the system and it worked very well. I did "Save" the AB line in most cases.

I'm now wondering when I come back to the adjoining fields to plant Soybeans if I can just use the AB line from the corn planted earlier. Some have told me "Sure", if there is some drift then simply Shift the AB line over to match up properly for the first pass and then let Autopilot drive right away.

My question is - if there is some drift, will the A and B points and thus the AB line have drifted off the same amount or might one end of the line be off more than the other? In other words is the "drifted" AB line still parallel with the last pass of corn planted? If it isn't parallel then a new AB line would be needed.

If that's the case then it be would be possible to line up on the last pass of corn planted, SET A, drive towards the other end and SET B thus making a new current AB line. This new AB line would then be on track with the last pass of corn planted. Then the first pass of Soybeans should line up.

This wouldn't be that bad but is it necessary?

Edited by tedbear 5/11/2006 22:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)