AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minorities in Ag
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Survivor
Posted 2/9/2019 21:51 (#7310106 - in reply to #7310079)
Subject: RE: Minorities in Ag

Moreauville LA
My polite reply to the african american situation

Historically speaking, Poor management, no insight and lack of concern is the problem. Most cases, they couldn't have money set into a checking account to pay bills and, bills get paid. Other stuff got bought instead of inputs. Weeds took over, no money to continue the crop or fix equipment. Let alone lack of skills to make the crop anyway.

Basically they were guaranteed a loan, whether they could pull it off or not. If declined, they would sue. If they failed, they get more money. I have seen time and again. No sense of urgency in getting things done.

One here would go by the airstrip and ask the pilot what he was spraying. Oh, spray mine too. He had purchased a new JD 4400 combine in 1978. When it sold in 2003, it had 114 hrs on it, and he farmed 300 acres spread over 8 miles. Had a 3R cornhead that had NEVER cut crop.

Another would buy chemicals, to show FHA he was spending it in the right place, but he would sell them for cash to buy illegal things.

One other stored his combine outside, forever. Left hopper half full of beans the wouldn't unload. Next season gets a JD mechanic to come out to "FIX" it.

There is a reason why some were turned down. They needed to be. Had nothing to do with color. Had all to do with initiative and reputation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)