AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Employees...Asset or PITA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jwinga
Posted 11/8/2018 12:41 (#7092891 - in reply to #7092835)
Subject: RE: Employees...Asset or PITA

South Ga
Asset or PIA? It depends lol. A sorry employee is more of a hindrance than a help and good employee is worth everything you can pay him and then some.
You are probably going to have to find a younger guy and train him. Guys with all those skills and work habits are already at work and if their current employer has good sense he will do whatever it takes to keep him.
If it were my ad, I would lighten up some on the work expectations and hours requirements and perhaps discuss that with them during an interview.
You’re going to have a hard time finding somebody who wants to work 7 days a week. A man has to rest and recharge sometimes and trying to run a good employee to death will ruin him by making him resentful.
Oh and I agree with the others about changing wages to hourly with OT along with a guarantee of at least 40 a week. Being a cheapskate trying to send him home early to save yourself a few bucks is a good way to lose good help but sending him home a little early when it rains or there isn’t much going on and PAYING HIM ANYWAY, is an excellent way to build loyalty with a good guy and loyal guys who feel appreciated will go the extra mile without thinking about it.
If I weren’t too old to learn new tricks I would come work for you and teach you all these things. Lol. Good luck, you sound open minded enough that you will work this out.

Edited by jwinga 11/8/2018 13:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)