AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glyphsate in Breakfast Cereals.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

moon1234
Posted 10/30/2018 22:27 (#7074913 - in reply to #7064543)
Subject: RE: Glyphsate in Breakfast Cereals.

De Forest, WI

They even found it in organic cereal.  Either from drift in the field, contamination during harvest or contamination from being processed on the same lines as conventional cereal.

I don't think they were testing for the RR protein marker that is in GMO cereal.  They were testing for actual roundup.  Only TWO cereals had no detectable levels and those are produced on isolated lines. 

We injest all kinds of things every day.  I think the point of the study was to see how "clean" many cereals really are.  As in, does it even pay to buy organic if your trying to avoid these things.  We wont discuss if you need to, but rather are the manufacturers actually able to deliver on the no roundup claim.  Only two organic cereals could.

They spray 24d on potatoes in Wisconsin, Red Norlands especially, as a desicant (to kill the vines and have a uniform crop) AND to enhance color.  Yes, they spray 24d to make red potatoes darker red.  It is done on almost ALL red potatoes.  You have to buy organic or know who grows them and how they grow them.  We grow a few hundred pounds of seed each year to sell to restaurants.  Dark Red Norland really needs no 24d to enhance color.  They are DARK red already.  Potatoes take a LONG time for all the vines to die.  It is risky to leave them sit in the field until all of the vines are dead.  However, my family will no longer eat red potatoes from the store.  Even red norland from the store doesn't taste right unless their organic.  People poo poo me until we boil some we grew and some from the store at the same time.  They DO taste different.

Chems as a "harvest aid" never seemed quite right to me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)