AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little upset sometimes don't feel like wife is on my side..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bsfarms
Posted 10/11/2018 06:11 (#7039737 - in reply to #7039121)
Subject: RE: A little upset sometimes don't feel like wife is on my side..

south central WI
I havent had a chnave to read the replies so this may be repeating others comments. Just rent the land and dont worry about it. I'd you need to bow down to your in laws every time there is land for rent or sale, you might as well quit farming. You will only end up with the bad soil that's too inconvenient to farm. You have your own business to run and shouldn't worry about his.
You can also make the argument that the father is doing his part to make sure his sons have a better future. Everything he is working for is to insure his and his sons future. (If hes old enough to have kids married and working with him then hes probably more concerned about their future than his own). If he bring it up as a conflict, tell him that he should be thankful that his daughters side of the family is benefitting from this farm. This isnt just your farm, its hers also. He should be thankful that you farm it if he isn't.
If another farmer rented it out would he get angry and hold a grudge? Hopefully he wouldn't. He would know that's how things work out. Hopefully if you get it and he doesn't he will be happy for you instead of upset. Talk to the landlord asap so you have your foot in the door first. That way it won't look like you are taking away land that he has already "spoken for".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)