AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trump administration's actions costing Middle America Dearly.. on Tariffs and Rin Waivers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ntexcotton
Posted 6/30/2018 23:59 (#6843550 - in reply to #6843240)
Subject: RE: you better check those numbers.

North Central Texas
Yes the ethanol industry has a respectable labor force and who knows how many actually work doing what. So many of the labor numbers are hidden or hard to find on both industries.

On wynnewood, it's a 90 something year old facility that is a little refinery. It meets the criteria of being under 75000 bpd and is considered to be a small refinery. It is the perfect example of what the waivers were written for. So you can show ownership somewhere along the way by a billionaire?? What makes that a DQ for the waiver? It doesn't and it's essentially a tax break/subsidy to keep an old joint open.

The other big question is why should all refineries have to deal with rins. Everyone seems to think that all of the US requires 10%. Lots of places dont. You won't find ethanol free gas in clean air abatement areas but I can buy ethanol free in the counties that aren't under abatement. I have to drive aways into oklahoma to find a gas station with 10% ethanol. If it's not sold everywhere, then why is it the refinery's problem?

I got to see the changeover first hand from MTBE to ethanol when I worked on the hill. I don't see these lawsuits as gaining any ground. I know Jon repeats what he has seen somewhere else but a lot of it is just has no merit. Others just need to ask their congressman to be in support of RINS and let the lobbyists like FB do the hard work.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)