AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

getting your "real ID"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Buster 50
Posted 4/24/2018 16:38 (#6728460)
Subject: getting your "real ID"

North West IA/western AZ
I got a card from the drivers license people telling me that mine is about to expire. Then they remind me that the "Real ID" will be necessary if I fly or enter a federal building. They give me a website to explain what I'd need to get the "Real ID" and I follow it's instructions and even print out their suggestions of what is needed. One of them is proof of my SS#. They suggest a W-2 or 1099 from SS, neither of which do I get. Another choice is a non SS 1099. Great, I have that and take it all in this afternoon. As the nice lady is going thru all of my proofs, she balks at the non SS 1099 and is about to tell me to move on when I show her the printed sheet I had gotten from her website. "Where did you get this?" was her reaction. After I explained, she talked to 2 or 3 other people behind the counter and then made a phone call and finally relented. She said it would be mailed to me in about 3 weeks and issued me a paper temporary that is good for 30 days. What a massive ball of red tape!!! I was just glad I had that printed sheet of their website.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)