AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mini Crop Tour - WC/SW Iowa and Yield
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/30/2017 15:21 (#6157737 - in reply to #6157722)
Subject: RE: Mini Crop Tour - WC/SW Iowa and Yield

Pittsburg, Kansas

LOL

I originally was going to post "Thanks for taking the time for sharing the information and trespassing" but thought he might not take it in the right frame of mind.

I have thought about that situation before. See someone traipsing out in my field. I suspect I would stop them and ask what they were doing. If they explained they were an AgTalk member just wanting to see how the corn was doing I suspect I would give them a pass. I don't think I would shoot them, because I rarely carry the gun into the corn field. :-)

We used to have people steal roasting ears, at least a few every year. Think even the thieves are too lazy to do that anymore. I did not worry about it too much. Unless someone was stealing pickup loads to sell, then I would. But only a fool would do that because field corn is not all that good to eat (compared to sweet corn) anyway.

So I don't think I would get too bent out of shape if another farmer wanted to see how my corn was doing. I would rather he ask first, but knowing what field belongs to who is not so easy some times.

Heck I have stepped into a farmers corn field a time or two to get off the road to take a piss. Have not got shot yet. Not saying I will not get shot some day.

John

Edited by John Burns 7/30/2017 15:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)