AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forever is a long time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boxerman
Posted 3/8/2017 10:36 (#5885738)
Subject: Forever is a long time

SE Wis
The older we get, the more we seem to reflect as to weather we made the right choices. They have pretty much confirmed that smoking and chewing can only lead to health problems down the road and some say alcohol belongs in that same category.

Here's my question. I have a friend who a few years older than me, he's 79. Not a farmer but has worked out doors most of his life. His doctor told twenty years ago that it would be a good idea if he took a baby aspirin at least, or one half of a regular aspirin at most, everyday to thin his blood and help with high blood pressure, which he didn't have and didn't want, by the way.

Well, he's followed the doctors orders and for twenty years and has taken that aspirin every morning between six and seven in the morning, but he washes it down with a LIGHT BEER, and may have four to six more during the day, every day.

He has no blood sugar problems, no high blood pressure, claims he still has a pretty good stream ( of course I took his word for that), And still dates what he calls, senior hotties. The other day he told me he's going to last forever.

What are we youngsters going about this the wrong way? I know most wives would have something to say if we opened our first beer at six thirty tomorrow morning but maybe we should take a different path. I don't know about forever, but I'd like to live as long as possible. SKOL

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)