AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lots of talk about new crop sales...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 2/23/2017 01:28 (#5857332 - in reply to #5857319)
Subject: RE: Lots of talk about new crop sales...

South Central Iowa
So are talking doing a bull spread ZC17-ZC18? I know we have had a spread discussion before, but I don't see how that carry would grow much more than that; hadn't thought on it.

Too much fear going on. My opinion. No that doesn't mean I am a super bull. I just really don't see where people get off thinking that our prices are going to plummet before our weather season when we are already in a relatively low level for the past decade.

I am with you as far as price on corn. I would take $4.50 on Dec 17. But I would need $5.00 to do anything on Dec 18. Too much time and too much is due weather wise. No I am not saying make your plans off a drought, just stating the obvious that we all know which is one of these years won't be perfect and each passing one makes the next year more likely.

As far as percentage of corn: at $4.50 Dec 17 I would be 50% early and if it were late July and I had a better idea, maybe 75%. $5.00 Dec 18 I would take 25% this early. I know we would plant 97 million acres in a heartbeat if $5.00 came about..... Maybe I should do more.

If it were "Oh Sh**, throw in the towel, its another big one." I would probably go full APH anywhere above $3.80 on the board; however high we are.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)