AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how's this gonna work with a trade war.. Exxon tweets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 1/11/2017 22:28 (#5761705 - in reply to #5761657)
Subject: RE:Maizing, I don't want to start a trade war but.....

Ontario's middle east
I said protectionist, specifically meaning retaliatory. We move grain back and forth across the border here quite freely. Corn can go south right now and beans north. May have US corn back here by summer. I never said US dairyman wasnt competitive, i was referring to 1234 who said he wasnt so couldnt grow beans. I dont disagree that the canadian dairies should fear competing with the US and FWIW i believe it will come to that at some point. The question though is this, is it a win for the US producer to beat the CA producer down to his level like Kevin said? So u get the market access, price goes up, you ramp up production, drive it back below COP. You sell more milk but still don't make any more money .... At least that seems to be the cycle I see. Is the consumer getting hosed Ben? I honestly dont know. Is $1.42 US boneless skinless supply managed chicken a rip off? $.70US /litre milk? IDK Quite frankly the consumer has a lot bigger problems here than that. Namely our electric utilities.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)