AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apartment builindg investment questions..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 12/7/2016 18:57 (#5682980 - in reply to #5682228)
Subject: RE: Apartment builindg investment questions..

Thumb of Michigan
havin'funfarming - 12/7/2016 12:21

I've often wondered if investing in some type of income real estate in a city might pay as well or better than more farm land. Especially at today's prices. How would a person even begin to learn about that industry and/or find opportunities to get started?

I found that reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" was a good first exposure for me. And thats not really what the books about. There have been many spin off books by the same author or associates concerning income property, but I'd read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" first.

You might check with a local realtor you have a good relationship, ask him or her if there are any people in the area actively investing in rentals. W/O going into all the gory details, I once met a young guy (late 20's) who had a real good eye for real estate, had a license, and was able to buy usually distressed properties right, clean them up, and get them rented. Had a strong back, some knowledge, some real talent for repairs and maintenance on buildings , and a lot of enthusiasm. Didn't have any money though. Looking for investors when I first met him. I didn't get involved with anything with him, but know a couple people who did as investors. So far, everyone's happy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)