AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What Would You Prefer to Pay For?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 10/25/2016 05:39 (#5598781 - in reply to #5597532)
Subject: RE: What Would You Prefer to Pay For?

Same can be said for shiny brand new pickups as well.

Lots of people deem a new truck as a necessity but it does not earn money like paid for land.

As Hay Hud Ohio quotes in his sig line.

"Chrome won't get you home, rust you can trust"

Cologne companies are missing the boat they could sell "new truck smell" and "new paint smell" cologne by the 55 gallon drums. :-)

Previous story I related.

I was in the dealership with an extensive list of planter parts for a rebuild I was doing on my planter. A guy wheels in in a newer truck and says who's piece of junk truck is out there in the parking lot it looks like he hauls fertilizer in it.  It was mine very rusted holes in the bed etc. I looked at him and said it's mine, it's paid for, and starts every time I turn the key and gets me to where I need to go.

He then proceeds to say well it looks like instead of spending all your money on planter parts you ought to be buying a new truck. Again I turned to him and said I'd rather spend my money on something that is going to make me money rather than costing me money.  Then I said how much did you lose on your truck when you drove it off the lot and it became "used" ?

Guy got real quiet and then said you know I never thought about it that way. Never apologized for his remarks but did not pursue any more inquiring into my business either. 

Hopefully it left an impression that some things are done for reasons other than visual appearances.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)