AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm progress show pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/30/2016 19:13 (#5499989 - in reply to #5499215)
Subject: RE: Farm progress show pictures

Chebanse, IL.....

I will bet you can afford to pay for very good help vs pay the fees for the autonomous machines & their upkeep. Plus, that high paid employee can drive a truck, a tractor, a combine, a lawn mower, pick up your wife when her car breaks down, etc etc. I've not really seen a shortage of help in this area. Yes, there is a shortage of $10/hr qualified help, but pay a little more & you have someone that can work while you sleep. I wouldn't do that with an autonomous vehicle either.

Who would send a 400 hp robo-tractor out to work ground at night while you go home & go to bed? Any capable employee can easily work at night.

Robo tractors are possible, but dumb.

Tell you what....think about having a robo-tractor hook up to a hay rack full of your loved ones & take them on an old fashioned hay ride. One would have to be seriously drunk to trust such a machine with your or anyone's loved ones. But, it doesn't take much of a mechanical engineer human being to safely drive a hay ride. It just takes someone safe with common sense. Machines cannot do that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)