AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where will we find the Innovators advantage for this era
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

steincowboy
Posted 8/28/2016 21:17 (#5496066 - in reply to #5495801)
Subject: RE: Where will we find the Innovators advantage for this era

God's Country (N.C. Ia)
stupid - 8/28/2016 19:53

I thought I was an innovator years ago. Bought in on the RTK. Then the row shut offs. Then the shut offs went from air to electric(thought I needed them), Changed RTK to 450 megahertz with 3000 receivers. Now they tell me they aren't as good as the 6000. They also think I need the high speed planters. About the time a guy recoups most of the new costs for the precision its out of date. Its easy now to see I was the idiot, and should have stayed with auto steer. You feel warm and fuzzy with all the maps(they cost too) and the ability to vary your rates and the on the go yields, but looking back I would rather spread the extra fertilizer, waste alittle seed and know exactly what field made when the last truck was dumped, than to pay for all the gadgetry. The innovation quickly out priced itself. And by the way three years of the vary the rate planting showed............................................you guessed it NO RETURN!!! Quit that three years ago. That's why I have my handle on here. Stupid(maybe I should change that to Idiot).

Post of the decade imo! Glad I haven't spent a dime on anything like that yet, although could see a benefit to auto steer on the sprayer in the beans and on the anhydrous bar......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)