AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where will we find the Innovators advantage for this era
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

born2farm
Posted 8/29/2016 00:41 (#5496344 - in reply to #5495294)
Subject: RE: Where will we find the Innovators advantage for this era

South Dakota
To me, the innovative guys tend to be the ones doing things first when everyone else is saying "What are those idiots doing?! They will never make it!" Years later it is followed by general statements like "it was given to them," "they were lucky," "they fail at everything they trying I don't get how they are still around."

It's the guys willing to try different things, while focusing heavily on ROI, that have been the most successful. The very important key to this is to realize when something isn't working, so it doesn't become an anchor.

They guys that invest in high ROI activities and equipment will rule the roost until other either catch up. Figuring out the peak productivity of equipment:to acres will do well. Tile has probably been our biggest ROI lately, the tile plow has paid for itself many times over. Efficient bin sites and knowing how to use them properly with a solid marketing plan. And sprayers, well, we all know about sprayers.

The point is, the guys I admire the most in my neck of the woods, all have the same quality. They are innovative with a strong focus on ROI. The first thing I hear them say about any idea or product is "how does it make me money?" The other thing I noticed about them, they didn't put up big pretty shops during the run up. Instead...bins, tile, land, and efficient equipment.

Edited by born2farm 8/29/2016 00:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)