AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Basement ideas for the new house.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rpops
Posted 8/5/2016 17:32 (#5452765 - in reply to #5452695)
Subject: RE: Basement ideas for the new house.

EC IL
Built a new house in 2012, walk out basement on the east side, with a garage on the north. We used 10' pre cast superior walls, same price as poured walls. They are insulated with 2" high density foam on the inside the full length bottom to top. They have the metal studs every 24" ready to hang drywall on after you prepare the inside corners. We put in a walk in safe room 10x12, with heat and air duct, and fireproof door under the front porch (concrete ceiling). This spring first time I needed a de humidifier, only because east central Illinois was so wet. The insulation really helps, 10' ceilings allow the basement suspended ceilings to be 100" above the floor just under the heat and air ducts. I put in cat 5, and wired tv, telephone communication center which was expensive and now not needed due to using cell phones as primary phone and wireless tv and Internet devices. Another mistake I made was I put a heat loop under my concrete approach to the basement garage which never sees the sun in the winter. It works good, however we put 2" high density foam under the concrete to make it more efficient. This prevents the ground heat from coming up and in the winter when the temp is below freezing this is the first thing to frost over! We use a small boiler and circulating pump just for the drive. The house uses a 6 ton geo thermal furnace with the loops in 35' of water in the 20ac. Lake that I built on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)