AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/26/2016 09:22 (#5433145 - in reply to #5432910)
Subject: RE: Seed cost

King City, Mo
I like the gly tolerant beans as they work here as good or better then the rr2 beans and are less of an investment. Liberty beans are more then gly tolerant beans but you got the easy button for post spraying if your Sprsyer guy will run 20gp water and follow the instructions.

I did a population plot on 15" rows with a Willcross gly tolerant bean this year. It was sold in a 50# unit and had a seed size last year of 3300 seeds per lb. so had 165k in the bag. Very early in the season I was impressed with 115k on how it looked. The seed was untreated to boot. So we're talking 1.4 acres per unit and a seed price that was going out the door in the low $30's last year for several guys. That trims the fat pretty good on bean seed cost. I planted higher and a lower pop in the plot and your welcome to come look at it or the plot tour on the evening of sept 6th.

On corn.....I've got some "off brand" stuff I'm trying to see how it does in the it vrs the more expensive stuff. I was burned on the cheap eBay seed last year and wasn't impressed with it at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)