AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The right grain cart for strip till operation?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 7/3/2016 09:42 (#5388657 - in reply to #5388534)
Subject: RE: The right grain cart for strip till operation?

Morris, IL
That third dump statement i'm talking about from the combine to the cart on the go, going across field. 3x 200-225 bushel on the go dumps and we are at 750 bushel. On the third one i get the cart driver to let go of the throttle about halfway through the dump and i top off moving front to back with combine. With that 950 you would sure never have to worry about that, i don't think that would ever be a bad thing. It has metric tires, probably faster unloading auger, built heavier but if only filled to say 700 bushel i just can't say is a bad thing in anyway at all. Kind of nice when we're loading our 650 bushel DMI wagon pairs or 550 bushel Killbros wagons as you can kind of just watch the scale and don't have to top cart off.

If cart comes with 30.5 you can put metrics on it, but they are not cheap. I've been halfway looking for someone going to bigger tires to replace our 30.5 on cart but i'd really like to find an 875 cart first. Our hopper holds 825-850 bushel but i'm limited by single axle semi tractor, well sooner or later i'm going to get tandem and want to load it up and an 875 would work much better for that.

We added scale to ours along with the hydraulic spout, i think the spout was under $850 from local J&M dealer. The scale came from scale tec and i think was 2300$ at the time. It's just a very basic unit. Not hard to put in as long as you find one that was made for it. Slide out spindles, and hitch made for it as well. Ours was, few years older and would have been major pain working scale bar into the hitch. Our cart live pretty easy life in the shed year round, as does everything. Those type of problems just don't really apply to us, our axles came out with very little work. Kind of like the 12x JD stalk rolls i pulled off with crow bar and hammer in half hour.

More power do you if you can strip on stalks, i'm guessing this is spring. I run Redball in the fall and it flows OK but strip is very poor so i gave up as you can't get row cleaner to move the rootball aside. I also found that after few years of striping corn in same strip as the year before your working an uphill battle. After few years of row cleaners moving lumps aside it's a hole.. I have field right now in strip cropping i'd really like to not move over for a controlled traffic system but only way i figure i can do that is 15" no till beans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)