AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The right grain cart for strip till operation?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

djmranch
Posted 7/3/2016 08:53 (#5388534 - in reply to #5388063)
Subject: RE: The right grain cart for strip till operation?

NW Minnesota
Good information. Thanks, not rambling to me. I run a Dawn Pluribus strip tiller and this year I ran it directly over the old corn rows. I did this mainly to save on tire wear but I was pleased with the results. Last year I ran the strips in row middles and took out a tire on the planter and wore tires on tractor too much. It really chops up the stalks running on the row and leaves less sticking up after planting. Our trucks hold roughly 600 bushel as you guessed. The statement "On the third dump i look over to cart drive and take my hand off the steering wheel, that is there sign to let go of the throttle so i adjust hydro to top off. " was a little confusing to me. Do you mean that the truck driver keeps speed constant so that you can move combine fore and aft to fill the cart? As of now I am looking at two different carts. One is a 950 Demco with scale. I was thinking it was too big but maybe not. It has a scale and 800 metrics. The other is a Brent 672 with no scale and 24.5-32 tires. I am now thinking that is too small, though the tires would not run on the rows. It would not have much reserve capacity. Might have to keep looking for a 750 bushel. Was thinking a scale was almost mandatory for us. I like to calibrate the yield monitor often. I currently do this with my seed tender but it is slow to unload and doesn't hold a full hopper. I plan on putting a scale on cart if it doesn't have one but have heard getting out old axles is a chore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)